Residential PVAll applicants must submit a Permit Application Form and Eligibility and Structural Criteria Checklist regardless of the PV system size. Systems that are flush roof mounted (no more than 10 inches above roof surface), up to 10kW and installed on the load side of the utility equipment distribution may be eligible for expedited permit processing.
- Permit Application Form
- PV Checklist (for non-expedited projects or ground mount projects)
- Expedited Eligibility and Structural Criteria Checklist (for flush roof mount systems up to 10kW)
- Expedited Permit Submittal Guide
- Owner Builder Form
- Authorization of Agent for Owner Builder Form
- Inspection Guide for Residential PV Permits
The information below is specifically for Residential PV systems that are flush roof mounted (no more than 10 inches above roof surface), up to 10kW and installed on the load side of the utility equipment distribution.
Online Submittal for Residential PV
- PVR Overview and Instructions for Online Submittal
- ePermit Center Registration Form for Contractors
- ePermit Center Registration Form for Owner-Builders
Once registered, applicants may apply online and must upload the first three required documents to the permit as listed below. Incomplete documents will be returned for resubmittal and may delay permit processing:
- Online Application Section B
- Expedited Eligibility and Structural Criteria Checklist
- Electronic plans with ALL manufacturer's specification sheets, all installation, mounting and grounding instructions in ONE PDF file. Read formatting details
- If applicant is an Owner-Builder, the Owner-Builder Form and Authorization of Agent Form must also be uploaded to online permit.
For applicants who do not have their own standard plans for systems up to 10kW, we have plan templates available:
- Central/String Inverter System Standard Plan Template
- Microinverter and AC Module System Standard Plan Template